The 10 Best Spin Bikes in the United States
Reap Those Spinning Benefits with the Best Spin Bikes in the US:
The invention of the bike dates back to the early 19th century. Since then, it has gone through many changes and improvements leading to one of the most valuable forms of exercise today. However, regular bikes are not always viable due to weather, the environment, or other circumstances.
Fortunately, there are spin bikes available to fix these confounds. We’ve gathered together a list of the best indoor bikes in the United States based off of a variety of factors including price, comfort, monitor capabilities and others.
Because some of these bikes are commercial quality, the price can run rather high. However, as of the time of this writing, (April 2020) many of these bikes are on sale for prices well below their usual price.
Best Indoor Cycling Bikes in the US Compared:
Editor’s Best Indoor Bike Choice in the US!
Expert members of our team have already picked the best home spin bikes in the US and reviewed them in detail down below but because new indoor bikes in the United States become available on daily basis, I created this part.
I regularly search the US market and update the “editor’s choice” section to make sure you aware of the best cycling bikes in the US market available for today.
For this month, once again, I picked the Keiser M3i gym-quality spin bike. Made entirely in the United States, with no doubt M3i is one of best indoor cycling bikes in the world.
It’s lightweight, extremely durable and quiet, Bluetooth enabled monitor, SPD pedals, and has a comfortable ergonomic design. With that said, if you think there is a better spin bike for home available in the US, leave your comment below.
Quick Overview of Best Spin Bikes in the United States:
- Life Fitness IC7 Indoor Cycle Powered By ICG
- Stages SC3 Indoor Bike For Home & Studio
- NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle S22i
- Keiser M3i Indoor Bike Bundle
- Life Fitness IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike By ICG
- Sunny Health & Fitness ASUNA Minotaur Exercise Bike
- BodyCraft SPT-Mag Magnetic Club Group Cycle
- The Spinner Shift Spin Bike
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1805 Indoor Cycling Bike
- MaxKare Black Magnetic Spin Bike w/LCD Monitor
Our Top 10 Picks in the United States:
1. Life Fitness IC7 Indoor Cycle Powered By ICG
Life Fitness IC7 Indoor Cycle Powered By ICG
First on our list of home cycling bikes is the Life Fitness IC7 Indoor Cycle. This bike is one of the most advanced bikes on the market and it shows. Having won multiple awards and topping multiple exercise spin bike reviews, the IC7 is certainly at the top of the game.
With an extremely detailed WattRate computer screen that will show just about every statistic and detail about the workout possible, this machine also allows for Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity.
The bike also captures the energy put forth by the user during the exercise and puts it into the compact generator at the flywheel. This recharges the bike’s integrated lithium polymer battery, which means that no batteries or outlet plugs are required.
Coming with a smooth magnetic resistance system, the IC7 has over 100 resistance levels. That means that anyone from a biking novice to hardcore athletes will find the perfect resistance on this bike. Additionally, this exercise spin bike is equipped with SPD pedals, narrow q-factor, and more importantly, a toothed belt that provides a uniq power efficiency compared to regular belts. If you’re looking for one of the most advanced and comfortable spin bikes out there, you have located it.
The max user weight is 330 lbs. As for the warranty, there is a 5-year warranty on the structural frame. 3 years on the mechanical components, 1 year on other parts and one year on labor.
- Self powered, sturdy construction, comfortable seating, adjustable handlebars. Just about everything about it is a positive to be honest.
- The price. It is quite expensive, coming in at around $3,000. Also, its Bluetooth functionality is limited to the ICG app (no Zwift connectivity).
2. Stages SC3 Indoor Bike For Home & Studio
Stages SC3 Indoor Bike For Home & Studio
Coming in at second place in our list of best spin bikes in the US is the Stages SC3 Indoor Bike. Another technologically advanced bike with features like Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity, this spin bike is a slick competitor.
The console display is powered by the rider, so no batteries are needed to see the calories, Watts, RPM, Speed, Time, and Distance they’ve covered. With advanced magnetic resistance allowing for multiple levels of that resistance in the workout, you will most certainly be getting some strong workouts with this bike.
Because of the magnetic resistance that the bike provides, the workouts will also be quiet and comfortable. The handlebars are positioned in such a way that it gives the feeling of being on a real bike, but are also adjustable so that anyone can make them fit how they desire.
And finally, this bike simply looks like one of the slickest pieces of hardware out there. The slight blue finish to the stainless steel makes it look like something straight out of Blade Runner. Not only does it look cool, it does its job spectacularly well thanks to its Carbon “toothed” belt and ring belt that provides superior efficiency.
The max user weight on the SC3 is 350 lbs. The SC3 weighs 96 lbs with dimensions of 24.5” wide and 43.5” long. Meanwhile the warranties include the frame at 15 years, carbon fiber belt at 10 year and mechanical system at 3 years.
- Smart looks, solid design, SPD pedals, drop handlebars, detailed information on the screen, Bluetooth connectivity and multiple resistance levels all make this a bike for those looking for advanced challenges.
- The price is also pretty high for the SC3 at about $2,800. The screen also seems to lag behind by a second or two, which can be annoying when trying to look at the stats during the workout.
3. NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle S22i
NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle S22i
$1,999.00 in stock
The NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle S22i comes in third in our list of best indoor cycling bikes in America. This bike comes with the option of a 15 inch screen and a 22 inch screen mounted on the front, but for convenience, we’re just going to refer to the 22 inch version.
The best feature of the NordicTrack Studio Cycles are their interactive training sessions that come with the purchase of the bike. The 1-year iFit membership gives access to hundreds of on-demand, interactive trainer-led global and studio workout programs.
These iFit programs will automatically adjust the bikes settings to whatever is demanded by the workout, which is convenient. That way you won’t have to pause and readjust the settings every time the workout changes.
One of the coolest things about this membership combination with the bike is the power incline/decline system that the S22i has. It adds another level of immersion to those workout programs that you really won’t find in many other bikes. Furthermore, this popular indoor cycle in the US comes with one 1-year free iFit membership and HDMI port so you can connect the bike to bigger screen.
The S22i has a user weight of 350 lbs. In terms of size it is 55.0″ long x 21.9″ wide x 56.9″ tall. The warranties it comes with are a 10 year frame warranty, a 2 year parts warranty and a 1 year labor warranty. Overall, it is one of the best spin bikes under $2000.
- The free year long membership to iFit really helps make this bike a good one for those looking to get some help with their biking experience. The screen is also the big bonus, as it can give some beautiful locations to ride through.
- Sometimes the seat can feel uncomfortable during long rides, as well as the non-SPD pedals seeming tough to move. It’s a heavy bike and requires a power outlet plug to work. The fact that the iFit membership is also required to get the most out of the bike is a bit of a strike against it as well.
4. Keiser M3i Indoor Bike Bundle
Keiser M3i Indoor Bike Bundle
The Keiser M3i Indoor Bike is one of the more unique spin bikes on this list. Shaped with a V frame in order to accommodate riders of different shapes and sizes, this spin bike can fit riders from 4’10” to 7’1” and anyone in between. This slick design really provides about as slick a ride.
The magnetic resistance system means that it guarantees another smooth and quiet ride for just about any rider who decides to get on. With a simpler back wheel and US built quality, the M3i spin bike really doesn’t require almost any maintenance at all. However, this seemingly simple design is hiding an important purpose.
The flywheel, which is located at the bike of the bike, is intentionally placed there in order to keep sweat from dripping onto it and requiring any maintenance. In fact, this is true for most of the important pieces of the bike, like the drivetrain. Even the pedals, which seem simple, are designed in a way to eliminate pressure points on the feet.
Compared to some of the other spin bikes on this list, the M3i’s digital display is simpler. However, it does still display valuable workout information like watt, RPM, speed, distance and calories burnt. This display is backlit and does require batteries. The M3i really does provide a satisfying experience for just about any rider out there due to its adaptability.
The M3i has a weight capacity of 350 lbs while weighing 85 lbs itself. The dimensions are 45 inches long, 26 inches wide and 49 inches tall. It has a 10 year frame warranty, 3 year all-inclusive warranty, and 90 day “Wearable Parts” warranty. Bonus items like “T” Handles, the Pedal Cage, Pedal Straps, & Saddle Upholstery.
- Really an adjustable bike for anyone looking to get into biking at home. Compared to some of the previous bikes, it is also relatively cheap at $199s. The bike itself works wonderfully and is really a smooth and pleasant experience.
- The monitor, while it does its job displaying information, does not do all it claims to. Connection with the official app, heart monitors, or any other pieces of gear is extremely sketchy. It might work, though it will most likely not, especially with popular apps such as Zwift unless you purchase the M3i Bluetooth Converter Kit.
5. Life Fitness IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike By ICG
Life Fitness IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike By ICG
An earlier and cheaper version of our top pick, the IC4 certainly still qualifies as one of the best indoor bikes in the United States. The first noticeable difference between the IC4 and the IC7 is the lack of the advanced computer screen. In fact, there is no monitor at all on this bike by Life Fitness.
That means you’ll have to attempt to keep track of how much work you are putting in some other way. However, just about all the features that made the IC7 great as a bike are here. The IC4’s magnetic resistance offers more than 30 different resistance settings, although they are not numbered.
However, a bit of time spent on the bike did make it pretty clear as to what settings are the right ones. The adjustable handlebars can be assembled 4 different ways, with 25 different positions available between the horizontal and vertical positions.
The saddle is just as adjustable, with the upright post giving 23 different adjustment positions. Along with a comfortable grip and well positioned SPD pedals make this a solid choice for a spin bike in the US, even if it is less advanced than it’s sibling.
The IC4 has a max user weight of 330 lbs while weighing 110 lbs when fully assembled. Its dimensions are 52 inches long 20.5 inches wide 47.2 inches tall. For the IC4, Life Fitness offers a 5-year warranty on the frame, a warranty of 3 years on mechanical components and 1 year on labor and other parts.
- Multiple adjustable parts means that a variety of people can use the bike. The bike is also quite sturdy, and doesn’t feel like it’s going to move from under you.
- No monitor. It makes it hard to exactly track just how much effort is being spent on the workout. The handlebar does sometimes need tightening as well.
6. Sunny Health & Fitness ASUNA 7150 Exercise Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness ASUNA Minotaur Exercise Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness ASUNA 7150 Minotaur exercise bike is really a solid pick for anyone looking to get into indoor biking. A rather large bike, the Minotaur will most certainly give you a range of solid exercises. With magnetic resistance that can be adjusted with a small tension knob, just about anyone can hop on and start pedaling.
The magnetic resistance system means that the bike’s magnets don’t come in contact with the flywheel. It just gets closer or further away in order to add resistance, making the exercise nice and quiet. Fortunately, no matter how hard the exercise becomes and how much sweat is produced, none of it will come near the flywheel due to the shield surrounding it.
However, it might be hard to keep track of that exercise. The ASUNA 7150 does not come equipped with any sort of monitor, so the statistics for the biking session will not be displayed. The ergonomically comfortable handlebars are adjustable, both vertically and horizontally.
Meanwhile, the seat is adjustable with numbers on the post, so that way you can keep track of how the bike is set up if a family member changes it. Overall, for the price, the Minotaur comes with a host of great features that make it one of the better bikes on the market.
The Minotaur holds a max weight of 330 lbs while weighing 132 lbs itself. The dimensions are 49 inches tall, 27 inches wide and 57 inches long. It comes with a 5 year structural frame warranty and 180 days warranty on other parts and components.
- The Minotaur is a very smooth bike that has such a shape that means you will be riding in correct form just about any way you adjust the bike. It is also rather quiet and is super easy to assemble. The price is also cheaper than some of the others, coming in at $1,212.
- The biggest downside of the Minotaur is that there is no monitor. Therefore, you will not be able to keep track of the workout unless you buy a separate spin bike computer. A minor nitpick, but there are also no drop handlebars for racing style cycling positions.
7. BodyCraft SPT-Mag Magnetic Club Group Cycle
BodyCraft SPT-Mag Magnetic Club Group Cycle
The BodyCraft indoor cycling bike SPT-Mag is designed for commercial use in gyms and cycling studios, but if you can grab a personal one, it is one of the best home cycling bikes that one can get. With a magnetic resistance design, 30 lb electroplated flywheel, a shock absorbing saddle and multiple grips for your hands, this bike provides one of the smoothest rides out there.
It is also built to last. The frame is made of thick steel tubing and will maintain its stability even during the most intense of workouts. The handlebars and seat both feature a 4-way adjustability design, which can be accessed with ease. Because of its heavy flywheel and overall sturdy design, this is the ideal bike for strength workouts, intense cardio and losing weight.
The SPT-Mag does come with an optional monitor that tracks time, RPM, calories, distance, speed, and heart rate (with chest strap sensors). Unfortunately, this monitor needs to be purchased separately and it is fairly basic compared to bikes like the IC7 or S22i and does not have the ability to connect with Bluetooth or ANT+.
The price is decent at $1500, though there are cheaper other options (ASUNA Minotaur and Sole SB900) out there. However, if you want a strong, comfortable, professional-feeling bike, the SPT-Mag is certainly one of the best options out there.
The bike has an impressive max user weight of 350 lbs, while it weighs 127 lbs. The dimensions are 47 inches tall, 24 inches wide, and 42 inches long. It is covered by a 10-year warranty on the frame, as well as a 3-year coverage on parts and 1-year wear-items. This spin bike also has a 90-day labor warranty.
- The SPT-Mag provides a real sense of professionalism in an at-home spin bike. One of the smoothest quietest rides out there, it really does its job well. The multi-position handles are also rather nice, as they give convenient options for the rider.
- The price. For what you are getting, $1500 is a bit much. The monitor is a bit simple and not included with the bike. Also, its pedals are SPD compatible so to clip-on specific indoor cycling shoes, you will need to purchase the pedals separately.
8. The Spinner Shift Spin Bike
The Spinner Shift provides one of the best indoor cycling experiences you can find. It uses a weighted flywheel with a fusion belt drive system and leather resistance. This means that it isn’t as quiet as some of the magnetic resistance bikes, but it certainly maintains a very smooth ride and it is much better than wool-pad friction resistance indoor bikes.
It most certainly is still more quiet than chain drives. The Spinner is also rather unique in that it uses a leather friction resistance system in the brakes so that it feels more like a real bike to those who ride it. Additionally, its friction resistance gives the rider full adjustment control.
The Shift does not come with a console, although there is an optional LCD screen available as an add-on purchase. One of the most impressive things about this spin bike is the construction quality of it, plus ergonomic design, comfortable seat, and SPD pedals.
It is about as sturdy as an indoor cycling bike can get, and will hold up under thousands of hours of biking. The price is neither a pro or a con, as for $1,099, it is one of the cheaper options on the list, but you really don’t get many of the luxury features found on the other bikes on this list.
The bike holds a max weight of 350 lbs, weighs 140 lbs and supports a height range of 4’9” to 6’9”. The dimensions are 58 inches tall, 20.3 inches wide and 48 inches long. It is covered with a ten year warranty on the frame and two years on the parts.
- The sheer strength and solid construction of the Shift is what is most impressive. The leather friction resistance system also gives a real sense of cycling and full intensity control, which can be missed in some of the other systems.
- The lack of any sort of monitor or console included with the basic bike is disappointing. Also, its resistance is not as quiet as magnetic.
9. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1805 Indoor Cycling Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1805 Indoor Cycling Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1805 is one of the best spin bikes in Canada and the US for those looking to shop budget spin bikes. With a typical price of $840, this bike can (at the time of writing) be found on Amazon for less than $500. However, the price isn’t the only reason that this bike is valuable.
With a magnetic resistance system and 44 lb flywheel,the SF-B1805 gives a smooth and silent indoor biking experience. It also comes with 4-way adjustable handlebars that are able to hold an iPad or other tablet.
While there is no monitor to keep track of the stats of the workout, there is an independent Sunny Health & FItness app that gives workout videos to follow along with.
Transport wheels also make the bike pretty easy to move around while fully assembled, which is a nice little detail. Stabilizers on the bike also keeps it nice and stable during even the most extreme workouts, which is rather uncommon for spin bikes under $500.
The SF-B1805 has a max user weight of 300 lbs while it weighs 125.7 lbs when fully assembled. The dimensions are 48 inches long, 23 inches wide and 45 inches tall. It comes with a warranty of 3 years on the structural frame, with 180 days on other parts and components.
- The value is the major pro of this bike. A high-quality bike for less than $600 even when it isn’t on sale. Due to it being a semi-commercial quality bike, the strength and stability of the bike are also extremely strong. It is certainly built to last.
- There is no built-in computer, which means that additional equipment is needed to actually keep track of the workout stats. The warranty is also not as generous as some of the other bikes on this list. Also, this indoor cycling bike lacks in dual-sided SPD pedals.
10. MaxKare Black Magnetic Spin Bike w/LCD Monitor
MaxKare Black Magnetic Spin Bike w/LCD Monitor
And rounding out our list of the best spin bikes on the US market is the MaxKare Black Magnetic Spin Bike. No fancy name here, so if you are looking at MaxKare bikes and searching for this one, be sure to find the one with the LCD monitor. With an online sale price of $330, this is by far the lowest cost of any bike on our list.
Even with the LCD monitor add-on, it comes with an extremely simple non-backlit fitness tracker that tracks the time, speed, distance, and calories burned. The monitor comes with no RPM reading, Bluetooth or ANT+ connectivity. The 30-lb flywheel of the MaxKare Magnetic Spin Bike, as one might expect, has a magnetic resistance system.
This system comes with multiple levels of resistance, but still provides a smooth and quiet ride on just about every level. However, one of the unique aspects of this MaxKare bike is that it also has a belt drive system in addition to its magnetic resistance.
The belt drive combines with the magnetic resistance and just makes the ride all that smoother compared to other spin bikes under $300 with chains. The handlebars on the bike are adjustable and have a space for a tablet in the middle.
This MaxKare bike comes with a max user weight of 264 lbs, while weighing 90 lbs itself. The dimensions are 45.4 inches tall, 21 inches wide and 42.3 inches long. It comes with a 2 year warranty, as well as a 3 month refund if any defective or damaged parts.
- A quiet, comfortable, sturdy and cheap bike makes the MaxKare Magnetic Spin Bike one of the best bikes for the value on the market. With the combination of the magnetic resistance and belt drive systems, it really is one of the most comfortable bikes out there. Add adjustable handlebars and a comfortable seat and you have quite the deal here.
- The computer that comes with the bike really is not much to fawn over. It does the basic job and provides the essentials, but really does not give anything more than that. It is also quite small and rather hard to read while exercising, making it the major downside of this bike.
FAQ Regarding Indoor Cycles in the US:
A: Stage SC3 is the best spin bike for home use. It comes with a fully aluminum lightweight frame which makes it easy to move the bike in the house. Additionally, the SC3 indoor bike includes a top-of-the-line fitness tracking capability, SPD pedals, generous warranty, and Carbon Blue toothed-belt system for maximum power efficiency.
A: Keiser M3i, it is an extremely durable and simple indoor bike that makes the maintenance much easier and cheaper compared to heavy high-tech commercial spin bikes. When it comes to studio cycling, you need to look for quality, sturdiness, comfort, and full seat and handlebar adjustability, so every rider can set up the spin bike correctly for their height.
A: Definitely belt. Unlike chain driven models, belt driven exercise bikes for spinning require very little maintenance. You don’t need to lubricate or do frequent adjustment. Also, belt drive cycling bikes for home in the United States offer smoother rides with less noise.
A: Magnetic resistance is much better for indoor cycling based on several reasons. They don’t wear out which means you don’t have to replace the magnets like you would with wool friction pads. Additionally, US indoor cycling bikes with magnetic resistance are much quieter compared to friction spin bikes for home.
A: Yes. Most spin bikes come with the standard 9/16″ pedals thread size and their replacements are widely available on the market. Note, if you decide to change your spin bike pedals, it’s always better to buy dual-sided SPD pedals in case someday you want to exercise with specific clipless indoor cycling shoes.
A: Buying the best indoor bikes in the United States, you can expect to burn anywhere from 600 to 1000 calories per hour depending on your intensity and overall spinning workout session. If you read indoor cycle reviews across the web, you will notice indoor cycling is one most efficient ways to reach your fitness goals.
A: Resistance (preferably magnetic), drive transmission (preferably belt), pedals (preferably dual-sided), full adjustment (preferably horizontally and vertically), bottle and device holders (preferably located on the handlebars), monitor (preferably backlit with Bluetooth), warranty, and weight capacity. When looking for the best spin bikes in the US, consider these features to shortlist your options.
Whether you are looking for one of the most advanced bikes out there or simply looking to dip your toe into the cycling game, these are some of the best spin bikes in the United States. With the many magnetic resistance systems that are on display here, the amount of quiet and smooth rides are honestly astonishing. Those with belt drive and chain systems are not to be left out, however, as they also provide workouts that really make you feel like you are on a bike in the outdoors.