Best Equipment Floor Mats For Spin Bikes
Spin Bikes are the hottest new home workout trend in the US today. More and more people are looking to add cardio to their overall exercise regime. While they first came to prominence in fitness centers, people are now putting them in homes in ridiculous numbers. As the numbers increase people are starting to notice that they are missing something very important. They are in need of the best spin bike mat in order to prevent damage to the floor.
Look inside any fitness center and gym you will always find exercise floor mats underneath all of the equipment. These mats serve a number of purposes as it turns out, they not only protect the floors from any excessive damage, they also prevent the equipment from sliding around while people are using it. These floor mats for spin bikes also help to provide extra balance during heavy pedaling sessions.
This buying guide was designed to help the reader to be able to pick which is the best exercise equipment mats for spin bikes for them and their home gym. This comprehensive guide includes a lot of information that we gleaned from many online sources during our research period in preparation for writing this guide. We searched for as much information that we could find on mat for indoor bikes and we put together a list of the top 10. We included things to look for in an indoor bike mat and also have some questions commonly asked when looking to buy a spin bike mat.
Top 10 Best Spin Bike Mat:
SuperMats Heavy Duty Spin Bike Equipment Mat 20GS
4 used from $23.17
The SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 20GS is an exercise equipment mat that is designed to be used for home gyms in order to prevent damage to your flooring from spin bikes and other similar size machines. They are designed to be non-slip and to provide an extra amount of stability underneath your indoor bike.
The 20GS mat is made from heavy duty PVC materials and does not include any types of heavy metals so that it is 100% child and pet safe. The top and bottom surfaces will not mar or harm your floors or the surfaces of your equipment that comes in contact with the mat. It is also padded enough that it can be used as a yoga or exercise mat.
The SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 20GS is designed especially as a mat for under exercise bikes since it is 24” x 46” and 3/16” thick. It can be loosely rolled and stored in a closet and then pulled out when you are ready to ride. It provides just enough padding and still be supportive enough for HIIT workouts on your spin bike. It is 100% Made in the USA and that includes all USA-sourced materials.
- Mat thickness: in mm 4.76mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches: 24” W X 46” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe: All the materials used are child and pet safe
- Warranty: N/A
- Mat weight: N/A
- Folds or rolls: Can be rolled for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit, can be used for steppers, Ellipticals and spin bikes
- It has a surface that is easy to wipe down and keep clean
- Stays in place and helps to protect your floors including carpeting and hard surfaces
- It is made 100% in the USA
- Not as thick and padded as other spin bike mats
BalanceFrom High-Density Exercise Bike Equipment Mat
2 used from $18.01
In order to have a complete home gym you need to have a good exercise bike floor mat to protect your floor from damage. The BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Exercise Bike Equipment Mat will definitely fit the bill. It is made of sturdy materials that will both protect your carpet or hardwood flooring from scratches or marring from your indoor spin bike.
The GoFit stationary bike mat is made from heavy duty and very durable PVC material. The top surface is easily cleanable and repels moisture and sweat which keeps it from damaging your floor underneath. The bottom surface features a non-slip design that helps it to grip the floor without doing any damage at the same time. It also provides an extra bit of stability for your HIIT workouts.
You can actually choose from two different sizes depending on your needs for your home gym. The two gym equipment mats are 3 x 6.5-ft: 3-Feet (36-Inch) wide and 6.5-Feet (78-Inch) long. 2.5 x 5-ft: 2.5-Feet (30-Inch) wide and 5-Feet (60-Inch) long. So, whether you are looking for a mat to use underneath your indoor cycling bike or a new treadmill, you will appreciate this mat for sure.
- Mat thickness in mm: 6.35mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches: 30” W X 60” L and 36” W X 78” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe: 100% child and pet safe materials
- Warranty: Covered by a 100% Balance From satisfaction and 2-year BalanceFrom
- Mat weight: 5.5 Pounds
- Folds or rolls: Can be loosely rolled up to be stored
- Major types of equipment it can fit: Treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical
- Extra large size makes it a perfect choice for a exercise equipment mat for spin bike
- Heavy duty construction really does hold up very well
- Does not slip around even on hardwood flooring
- Not really comfortable enough to use as exercise or yoga mat
CAP Barbell PVC Premium Spin Bike Floor Mat
1 used from $21.30
The CAP Barbell Premium Spin Bike Mat made out of only high quality PVC materials. The mat is designed to help prevent unwanted damage to your wood, tile or carpeted flooring in your home gym. The non-slip surface on the bottom of the mat helps to keep it in place which also provides extra stability when riding your indoor cycling bike.
The Premium Spin Bike Mat from CAP Barbell is made using high-quality PVC using a unique process that produces a thicker mat. The top surface features a texture that helps to repel sweat and other moisture so that it does not get absorbed into the surface and possibly damage the floor underneath it. The extra thickness makes it a little spongy which helps to absorb vibration and dampen any noise.
This indoor cycling bike mat is 36” W X 48” L which makes it perfect for using it under a treadmill, weight bench, as well as most indoor cycling spin bikes.
- Mat thickness in mm: 6.35mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches: 36” W X 48” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe: Made from only child and pet safe materials
- Warranty: N/A
- Mat weight: 4 lb
- Folds or rolls: Rolls easily for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit: Treadmill, exercise bike, weight benches
- Perfect fit for using as an equipment mat for under spin bike
- Works great with all types of flooring
- Provides an extra amount of stability for your exercise bike
- The surface is really easy to wipe down to keep it looking good
- It can get deformed and creased too easily
Sunny Health and Fitness Exercise Equipment Mat
6 used from $15.50
The Sunny Health & Fitness Exercise Equipment Mat is heavy duty and high-quality stationary bike mat. It is waterproof and debris resistant that helps to protect your flooring underneath your spin bike in your home gym. It is also cushioned enough to help absorb vibrations so that the sound is not transferred to the floor and spread throughout the room.
The highly durable mat features a non-slip surface on the bottom that grips the floor without leaving any permanent marks. The top surface has a unique texture that is both easy to wipe dry and still cushiony enough to use as an exercise mat as well. The special texture also helps to keep your equipment in place and adds an extra amount of stability during HIIT workout routine.
While the small size (24” W X 48” L) exercise bike mat may seem like it is on the small side, it can still be used in a home gym underneath a spin bike, weight bench and even an elliptical machine.
- Mat thickness in mm: 4mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches: 24” W X 48” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe: Made with child and pet friendly materials
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
- Mat weight: 2 lb
- Folds or rolls: It rolls up really easily
- Major types of equipment it can fit: Indoor cycling bikes and elliptical machines
- The texture of the top surface provides a really good non-slip surface and the underside won’t mar the floor
- The soft, durable PVC foam material is very easily to wipe down and keep clean
- It rolls up very easily for easy and convenient storage
- The ends tend to curl up due to it being rolled up too frequently
Saris CycleOps Training Mat for Indoor Bike Trainers
2 used from $58.18
Saris is a manufacturer of quality spin bike sweat mats that are designed especially for home gyms. The CycleOps Training Mat for Indoor Bike Trainers is a fine example of their products. They use only high quality materials that makes it extremely durable and very easy to wipe clean after each workout session.
It is made using only non-toxic PVC foam which makes it 100% child, pet safe and does not have any annoying odors. While it may seem a bit on the thin side as it is only ¼” thick, but it is not too thin to provide a stable platform for your spin bike, workout bench and other workout equipment. It will slide around even during your most intense HIIT workouts. Also, no worries about any damage to your floor underneath either.
It can be rolled up easily to be stored away if your indoor cycling bike is not in a room by itself. It also can be left in place and since it is not too thick there is not so much of a trip hazard to having it on the floor all the time.
- Mat thickness in mm: 6.38mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches: 38.5” W X 63.5” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe – Made from only pet and child safe PVC foam
- Warranty (if available) – N/A
- Mat weight – 5 lb
- Folds or rolls – rolls up for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit – Made specifically for indoor cycling bikes
- This cycling mat works really great with my spin bike
- It really does a good job preventing damage to the floor underneath it
- Doesn’t have any hidden toxic chemicals inside to harm kids or pets
- It is a tad bit on the expensive side
Wahoo KICKR Multi-Purpose Floor Mat for Indoor Cycling
The KICKR Multi-purpose Floor Mat is a perfect solution for exercise equipment mats for hardwood floors. The non-slip bottom surface and textured top surface provides plenty of benefits for your home gym. It can be used for a number of purposes such as; spin bike, yoga and crossfit workouts and other pieces of exercise equipment as well.
The Multi-purpose mat from KICKR is made using non-toxic PVC foam that produces a very durable, spongy yet supportive surface. It has a textured design on top and a non-slip surface on the bottom. This keeps the cycling mat from slipping around on the floor and the textured surface on top helps to keep your equipment from slipping around. The waterproof top surface also helps to prevent sweat and water from penetrating through to the floor beneath the mat.
It features a unique beveled edge all the way around the mat which helps with gym safety. You don’t have to worry so much about accidentally tripping on the edge of the mat. It rolls up really easy for storage if you are not able to leave it sitting out all the time.
- Mat thickness in mm – 6.38mm
- at width and lengths in inches – 36” W X 78” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe – It is both pet and child safe
- Warranty – 1-year limited warranty
- Mat weight approximately 7 lb
- Folds or rolls it rolls up for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit large enough to use with any bike trainer, treadmill, crossfit
- This stationary bike mat is perfect for my indoor cycling trainer set up
- The textured surface is wonderful it holds my trainer in place without any wobbling
- It makes the perfect peloton bike mat for my home gym
- A bit on the expensive side for mats for indoor cycles
Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Exercise Equipment Floor Mat
1 used from $28.55
The Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat is a heavy duty multi-purpose mat that can be used for an exercise bike as well as so much more. It is made with highly durable materials and uses a unique production process that produces a closed-cell construction. It is primarily a folding exercise bike mat that would be perfect for anyone’s home gym.
The unique folding construction is designed with 7 individual 12” sections that allows it to be custom fit into a wide range of room sizes. The total dimensions of the mat fully extended is 36” W X 84” L and is ¼” thick. The thickness is kind of deceiving in that it still provides a decent amount of sponginess that means it can be used for doing floor-style exercises. However, it still retains enough sturdiness to support your indoor cycling bike during HIIT workouts.
- Mat thickness in mm – 6.38mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches – 36” W X 84” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe made using non-toxic foam materials
- Warranty – 90-day limited warranty
- Mat weight – weighs approximately 7 lb
- Folds or rolls – this exercise bike mat folds up easily for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit with; stationary bikes, rowers, treadmills, inversion tables, Pilates reformers, ellipticals, rebounders, weights, cross trainers
- The unique folding design means that it can be fit into a number of different size spaces
- The textured surface is both slip-resistant and water/moisture resistant
- There is just enough give to make it comfortable enough to be an exercise mat
- Since it folds up storing it away is not as convenient as it would be rolled up
CyclingDeal Protective Indoor Bike Trainer Floor Mat
The Bicycle Trainer Floor Mat is the perfect accessory for any home gym. This floor mat for indoor cycling is designed to protect the floor underneath exercise equipment like spin bikes and other machines. The mat is designed to prevent sweat and water being dumped from a water bottle from getting on the floor and possibly cause permanent damage.
The Bicycle Trainer Floor Mat is made from 100% safe PVC foam which means that it is both pet and child safe. The mat is 30” W X 60” L and basically a ¼” thick that makes it the perfect size for most of the current indoor cycling bikes including the Peloton Bike. It provides the right amount of cushioning and stability at the same time. It features a textured top surface that helps to keep your exercise equipment steady and keep it from moving around. It also resists moisture and water spills. Clean up is also fairly easy with the wipeable surface. The bottom surface is non-slip which helps to keep that mat in place without causing any damage.
- Mat thickness in mm 6mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches – 30” W X 60” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe – 100% pet and child safe materials are used
- Warranty – N/A
- Mat weight – 3.79 lb
- Folds or rolls – rolls easily for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit – elliptical, stationary bikes and others
- It works great as an indoor cycling bike mat in my home gym
- It does not have any lingering odors after it is removed from the packaging
- It is 100% a Made in USA product
- Not really designed to be used with heavier equipment like treadmills and heavy weights
Goplus Thicken Floor Mat For Indoor Cycling Bikes
The heavy duty construction of the Goplus Thicken Treadmill Mat is one of the best mats on the market that are designed especially for hardwood and laminate floors. The mat has an easily wipeable textured top surface and equally beneficial non-slip bottom surface that helps to keep it in place, even during heavy usage.
The ultra-durable PVC foam construction provides great waterproof and dustproof protection for all of your gym equipment. The mat is a good size that would fit a number of different pieces of equipment including steppers, weight benches and certain treadmills. The 7.62mm thick foam mat can also be used to do exercises including yoga and other forms of body weight exercises.
The mat can easily be rolled up and stored away or you can also leave it out if your home gym has plenty of room. The edges of the Goplus Thicken Treadmill Mat have beveled edges so that the worry about tripping on the edge of the mat is greatly reduced.
- Mat thickness in mm – 7.62mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches – 24” W X 48” L
- Are materials Pet and Child Safe – 100% child and pet safe
- Warranty – N/A
- Mat weight – 2.4 lb
- Folds or rolls – rolls up easily for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit – stationary exercise bikes, steppers, step aerobics, stretching, treadmill, as well as weight benches and free weights
- The specially textured top surface help to keep the equipment from sliding around
- It helps to keep the dust and debris from the floor from getting into the machine and causing problems
- It is much lighter than other small exercise bike mats on the market
- It is made especially for hardwood floors
VersaTex Multi-Purpose Rubber Equipment Floor Mat
4 used from $19.21
The VersaTex Multi-purpose Rubber Floor Mat is one of the most versatile of all the indoor cycling bike mats that we found. It can be used for much more than just a spin bike mat. It is made from recycled materials and it is extremely strong and durable. It is waterproof and dust resistant and won’t mar the flooring underneath it.
It is made from rubber that comes from recycled tires which makes it extremely durable. It is water and dust resistant that will help keep both your floors protected and the equipment that uses it protected from dust from the floor. The non-slip bottom surface will help to keep it securely in place even during HIIT workouts. The top surface is also really easy to keep clean with a cloth.
The overall dimensions of the mat 30” W X 48” L makes it perfectly suited for floor mats for under spin bikes. However, it can also be used for other pieces of equipment as well. You should however, check the size of the equipment to be sure that you might need to look at one of the bigger sizes.
- Mat thickness in mm – 3.175mm
- Mat width and lengths in inches – 30” W X 48” L
- Are materials Pet and Child it is safe to be used in and around your pets
- Warranty – N/A
- Mat weight – 5 lb
- Folds or rolls – rolls up easily for storage
- Major types of equipment it can fit – works well with spin bikes, weight benches, steppers and ellipticals
- It is very versatile and can be used for more than in your home gym
- It is water and dust resistant so that it keeps your equipment and floors protected
- It can be rolled up rather easily and stored away when necessary
- It is a little bit on the small side so it won’t work with most treadmills
Things to Look For When Choosing a Spin Bike Mat
Materials used to make it – When it comes to choosing the right spin bike mat there are several very important things to consider. One of the most important things to consider has to be the material that the mat is made of is really important. The primary reason is the materials will help to determine how durable the mat will be. It will also help to provide a surface that can easily be cleaned after each training session. The type of material that is used to make it can also determine how well it can eliminate vibration caused by your spin bike that amplifies the sound in the room. Last but not least, the material that the mat is made from will likely determine how well it protects your home flooring.
Its thickness – The primary reason to have a mat underneath your spin bike in the first place is to protect your floor from any unwanted damage. There are a number of ways a spin bike can cause damage to your floor; excessive sweat, scraps, scratches and dents. For each of these reasons the thicker the mat the more protection that the mat will be able to provide. The thicker mat will also tend to lay flatter on the floor than a thinner mat. However, there is a possible downside, the thicker mats do not roll up very well and therefore do not store as easily.
Is it non-slip – Having your spin bike securely underneath you is very important. This is especially true for HIIT (High intensity) workouts that can really stress your bike with every pedal stroke. It is very, very important that your mat does not slip around on the floor underneath your spin bike. When it comes to non-slip, not all mats are created equal and it will depend on what kind of flooring that you have in the room where your spin bike will be used. So, first you need to be sure exactly where in the house you plan to ride your bike and then determine which mat will provide the best non-slip for your specific flooring type.
Size and storability – Let’s face it, mats are definitely not all the same and are not one size fits all. They come in a number of different sizes and shapes depending on your needs. So, selecting the right mat will also depend on a number of different factors. If you are limited on space you will likely want to find a mat that fits closely to the footprint of your spin bike. However, if you have a fairly large space for your home gym you may want a larger size mat to fit under a number of pieces of equipment. Another thing to consider is can the mat be easily and conveniently stored or do you want it to permanently stay on the floor.
FAQ About Exercise Equipment Mats For Spin Bikes
There are several advantages to having a mat for your spin bike. The biggest benefit of a spin bike mat is that it will protect your floor underneath your exercise bike from damage. The mat, depending on the specific material and thickness of the mat can prevent some serious damage to hardwood flooring. The same can be said about carpeting, but a good mat will help to spread the weight and impact across a larger area.
The short and simple answer is that not all mats are designed to be used on all types of flooring. To be certain that you are looking at the right type of exercise bike mat you want to be sure you take into consideration the type of flooring you have where you plan to be using the exercise bike.
If you are an experienced rider who is looking to add some high-intensity interval training into your daily workout routine. A spin bike is a great piece of equipment to add to your home gym. Remember to get a spin bike mat to put under your bike since it will help to add extra balance to your riding. This is especially true when you are really bearing down on the pedals.
Most definitely, the extra thick padding of a spin mat can be used for other forms of exercise. It can be put on the floor to protect the floor from free weights being dropped too hard. Some exercise bike mats can also be used as a yoga mat for extra comfort on the floor.