Efitment Compact Magnetic Elliptical Review
Featuring a compact design, the EFITMENT E005 is one of the best-rated ellipticals under 500. The EFITMENT is a pretty new brand on the market but they are gaining quite a good reputation for cheap compact elliptical trainers. With less than 65-lb weight, easy transportation wheels and using the batteries to eliminate the need for power cord it’s proven to be the handiest cheap elliptical on the market.
However, this tiny elliptical is not for everyone due to it’s short 11″ stride. The compact design that makes EFITMENT a selling factor also makes it a drawback for many trainees. As a matter of fact, 11″ stride length would only provide a proper elliptical motion if you are below 4 feet. At the same time, the length of the stride can be a matter of preference as some trainees don’t care to do a full elliptical motion.
But here is the deal:
If you are taller than 5.6″ and heavier than 200 lbs, forget about this compact elliptical (even if you are the type that doesn’t care about doing full stride motion) because EFITMENT won’t offer exercise anywhere close to what you need in order to do a proper aerobic workout. So, if you are not in the category above, keep reading more in details to still make sure this compact elliptical suits your needs.
The EFITMENT E005 offers a very basic non-back-lit console that allows you to track your workout data although, it would be a bit hard to see the numbers in the low-light condition. Keep in mind that if you need to save your daily data to compare your progress weekly or monthly, your only option is to write down the values at the end of each exercise session. Because you nor have the option to save your data on the console neither can connect to the Apps to save your data. However, despite the low price, this machine offers 8 magnetic resistance, static and moving handlebars and good size pedals.
You should go for EFITMENT E005 Trainer if:
- You live in a condo or apartment and have lack of space and also have a tight budget. The main selling factor of this cheap elliptical is the fact that it can fit about anywhere. You can put it in your bedroom, balcony or even store it in a closet. Therefore it makes a great space efficient little machine to help you improve the blood circulation while watching TV or waiting for your meal to cook. It also has transport wheels for easier portability.
- You are a lightweight novice trainee who is between 4 to maximum 5.6 feet tall. This compact cross trainer has a very short stride which means you can’t pull and push your arms and legs fully. Longer stride means heavier weight and larger footprint and if that’s something you want, I recommend you to click here to see the Universal E40. It’s also a budget elliptical that costs only $100 more.
You should NOT go for EFITMENT E005 Trainer if:
- You are looking for quick results to tone up or lose weight. Elliptical machines, in general, are great for cardio and strength training because you can change resistance, stride length and incline ramp. However, EFITMENT doesn’t have the necessary functionalities OR durability to offer you a great cardio or strength training. It has only 8 resistance levels, no incline, and short fixed stride.
- You are an elite or intermediate level athlete. Not only it doesn’t have the features you might need for a proper elliptical training, it also doesn’t have a very durable frame and parts.
- You are tall and heavyweight. Just because many owners of this compact elliptical are happy about their purchase doesn’t necessarily mean you will be happy too unless you really don’t care about the short stride. However, if you are heavy, I still recommend you to look for something more durable because this compact elliptical probably won’t last long for heavyweight exercisers.
What is special about EFITMENT Elliptical
- Affordable, compared to the most compact cross trainer the Efitment elliptical trainer is cheaper. You can buy this elliptical for below $250.
- Space saving, it takes way less space than most budget elliptical machines on the market. It’s one of the most compact elliptical trainers on the market. You can store it easily after every use or even leave it in a corner without creating an obstacle within the room. You can’t question the portability and compact size of Efitment elliptical.
- Top rated, it’s one of the best-rated cross trainers in the budget category. Those who already bought this compact budget cross trainer are happy with the EFITMENT elliptical.
- Easy to put together, you don’t need to be an expert or technician to assemble this elliptical.
Efitment E500 compact elliptical has 8 levels of magnetic resistance. It’s enough to challenge and make you sweat. The downside to the resistance is that it changes through a knob and not a button. However, the resistance adjustment is within arm’s reach.
This compact budget elliptical has a very basic non-backlit LCD display. It means you can’t the workout values on in dark condition. You can track your necessary workout values such as time, distance, speed, calories, odometer, and Heart Rate. You can also see the scan of all the data every few minutes. The Console runs on 3 AAA batteries which are included. Therefore, you don’t need to place the machine close to a power outlet and you can place the bike anywhere.
Not a surprise in this price range but you need to know that there are few features the Efitment elliptical lacks in. It doesn’t have Bluetooth, ANT, speaker, cooling fan, USB charger, User profile and Preset-programs.
Stride and incline
The Efitment compact elliptical trainer has a fix 11 inches stride and doesn’t have an incline. Unlike more expensive elliptical machines where you can change stride and incline to do the full body workout. I don’t know of any compact elliptical in this price range with adjustable stride or incline. So, don’t consider the lack of these feature a drawback. because unless you can stretch your budget, this machine is what you get for less than $250.
Pedal and handlebars
Efitment E005 has both the static and moving handlebars. The shape and width of the moving handlebars allow users of different sizes to do upper body workout. However, due to the short stride, you can’t stretch those arms much. The moving handlebars don’t have Pulse sensors however, the static hand-grips do. If you want to see the Heart Rate on the console, you need to hold the static grips for a minute.
The static handlebars allow you to concentrate and workout on your body as well as your core. Keep in mind the Efitment elliptical is not compatible with any wireless chest strap.
Although, if you want, you can purchase a heart rate monitor that’s capable of connecting to your devices through both Bluetooth and ANT+ so, you can track your heart rate on your phone, tablet or watch.
More information on EFITMENT Elliptical Trainer
|Customer Service||★★☆☆☆||Power Source:||3 AAA Batteries|
|Dimensions:||35"L X 24"W X 61"H||Speaker:||No|
|Max user weight:||220 Lbs||Cooling Fan||No|
|Incline Ramp:||NO||Bottle Holder:||No|
|Stride Length:||11" Fixed||Media Shelf||YES|
Flywheel, operation, and drive
Efitment E005 compact magnetic elliptical feature belt drive that provides a very smooth and quiet operation. The weight of the flywheel is not clear but looking at the weight capacity and the weight of the whole unit I can’t be more than 10 lbs. One of the factors that make the EFITMENT a budget top rated compact elliptical trainer is the quiet operation. You can use it in the apartment without bothering others.
Note: EFITMENT magnetic elliptical is not bidirectional which means you can’t pedal reverse.
What is included
- 3 AAA batteries for the console
- Transport wheels for easy portability
- There is also a media rack to keep your phone/device close. However, when you put your device on the rack, it covers the display and you can’t see the workout values on the LCD.
- 3-Year frame
- 90-Day Parts
Things you can purchasing with EFITMENT elliptical:
- Rechargeable AAA batteries and the battery charger
- Lubricant to reduce friction between moving parts and keep the machine quiet
- Mat for under the elliptical to protect your floor against sweat and possible scratch
- Wireless Chest strap to track an accurate heart rate on your device while running outside or training inside the house on EFITMENT budget elliptical.
Bottom line I wouldn’t say buy the Efitment elliptical and you no longer have to go to the gym for exercise or you won’t miss the gym elliptical machines. Because this compact elliptical is not made to replace your daily workout routine. It doesn’t have the functionalities required to do a complete elliptical training which is climbing, jogging, running and pedaling. The Efitment elliptical is for when you are home on the weekend and the gym is closed, it’s for when the weather is rainy and ugly. Efitment magnetic compact elliptical is for the lightweight exercisers who simply want a compact machine to do some movement at the convenience of their home while watching TV. If you want to start working out, this budget compact elliptical can be a good start.
If you have been looking for a budget compact elliptical and have a small space at home, I don’t hesitate to recommend you the Efitment elliptical machine (as long as you are in the height, weight and athletic level category we talked earlier). It’s well built for its price and those who already bought this machine are happy with it.
If this is not for you,
Click here to see ProForm Hybrid Trainer or click here to see Universal E40. They are both good budget elliptical machines under $500.
- Efitment elliptical takes very little space
- Assembly is pretty easy
- It’s easy to move this compact elliptical around
- There is a media tray to place your phone and tablet
- It runs on three AAA batteries and doesn’t need a power cord
- Efitment cross trainer has a quiet and smooth operation
- It’s affordable
- This is one of the best-rated budget compact elliptical trainers
- Efitment elliptical has 8 levels of magnetic resistance
- The foot pedals are non-slip and good size
- It’s not foldable
- The console doesn’t have the speaker and cooling fan
- This compact cross trainer wobbles a little
- Doesn’t have preset programs or Bluetooth/ANT connectivity
- The stride is only 11 inches and it’s not adjustable
- This machine doesn’t have incline adjustment
- It doesn’t have foot levelers
- Efitment elliptical doesn’t have water bottle holder
- This magnetic elliptical is not bidirectional